Rock N Roll Inc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message from Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P.

4 posters

Go down

Message from Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P. Empty Message from Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P.

Post  Panzer Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:28 am

FROM THE OFFICIAL WASP NATION [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

An unfortunate incident arose this evening at The Gramercy Theater in NYC that we need to let you know about. It prevented W.A.S.P. from performing this show, and caused us to disappoint many of our NY fans and friends. About 50 VIP tickets were sold to about 50 different fans for $50.00 apiece, twice the normal ticket price for this show. It turned out that part of that VIP ticket price included a meet and greet with W.A.S.P. These tickets were sold to these 50 or so fans without W.A.S.P. having any knowledge of this, let alone agreeing to this. Upon learning of this late in the afternoon of the show day , W.A.S.P. insisted that the promoter of this venue, who sold these VIP tickets to these fans, return the V.I.P. portion of those tickets back to the fans. This meant that the promoter would have had to give each of those VIP ticket holders a refund of $25.00 of each ticket. W.A.S.P. demanded that this $25.00 be returned to each of these ticket holders in cash prior to the meet and greet , which W.A.S.P was still going to do. The promoter refused. W.A.S.P. then informed the promoter unless these monies were refunded to these fans, in cash, that the band would not perform the show. Again, the promoter refused and W.A.S.P. canceled the show.

We are saddened that it had to result in the cancellation of our performance for this evening, but we believe this unfortunate situation amounts to nothing more than our fans being ripped off. We have never changed a fan for an autograph and WILL NEVER charge any fans for an autograph.

To all the fans that came to the show and were turned away, please accept our sincerest apologies. W.A.S.P. CANNOT and WILL NOT ever stand by and watch or be involved in their fans being ripped off... EVER.
Thank you .

Blackie Lawless
Panzer
Panzer
GOD OF BEER

https://www.facebook.com/jameshenryburns

Back to top Go down

Message from Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P. Empty Re: Message from Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P.

Post  ADMIN777 Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:51 am

I have so much love, admiration, and respect for Blackie that reading this very nearly moved me to tears. I hope they can reschedule a show for the NYC area before the tour ends. WASP and Blackie are first-class all the way! Fans first is always the right way to go! GOOD CALL, MR. Lawless! Dio Thumbs Up Eddie Rock Heavy Metal 1 cheers Cheers Beer

Last edited by ADMIN777 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
ADMIN777
ADMIN777
Admin

https://rocknrollinc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Message from Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P. Empty Re: Message from Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P.

Post  kornbread2000 Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 pm

i watched an episode of dateline about 10 years ago about a billy joel concert in madison square garden. Apparently this college kid who was a huge billy joel fan had to wait in line for hours to get a seat to see billy. It turned out that it didn't matter when you got your ticket, you had to have kind of a lottery to see where you would sit. He ended up having to sit way in the balcony somewhere. What happened was like there were 3000 or more seats that were reserved for like corporate people. big wigs with alot of money who probably liked one or two of his songs or didn't give a fuck about him. billy joel was obviously upset and was calling for reform when it comes to concerts. thank the Lord, that I like bands who are in obliviion that corporate people don't like so they won 't steal my seats. lol

kornbread2000

Back to top Go down

Post  ADMIN777 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:26 am

kornbread2000 wrote:i watched an episode of dateline about 10 years ago about a billy joel concert in madison square garden. Apparently this college kid who was a huge billy joel fan had to wait in line for hours to get a seat to see billy. It turned out that it didn't matter when you got your ticket, you had to have kind of a lottery to see where you would sit. He ended up having to sit way in the balcony somewhere. What happened was like there were 3000 or more seats that were reserved for like corporate people. big wigs with alot of money who probably liked one or two of his songs or didn't give a fuck about him. billy joel was obviously upset and was calling for reform when it comes to concerts. thank the Lord, that I like bands who are in obliviion that corporate people don't like so they won 't steal my seats. lol
Amen to that! I am sure Mike Lion worship all 50 fans at their shows each night!LOL
ADMIN777
ADMIN777
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ADMIN777 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:27 am

Listening to "Thunder Red" in honor of Blackie! Thumbs Up Cheers Beer
ADMIN777
ADMIN777
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilene1015 Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:29 am

Cool story...

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

Back to top Go down

Post  ADMIN777 Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:06 am

Blackie is very good to his fans. KISS could learn from him!
ADMIN777
ADMIN777
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum