Rock N Roll Inc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rise and fall of Grunge

5 posters

Go down

The rise and fall of Grunge Empty The rise and fall of Grunge

Post  kornbread2000 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 pm

i have to admit in the early nineties i had bittersweet feelings about grunge. I enjoyed listening to them on the radio and watching their videos..it was something fresh. however i missed watching bands like white lion, firehouse, def leppard....MTV completely abandoned them (they could completely abandon music videos all together eventually).

Now I appreciate this music and i wish it would come back...all the grunge bands were gone but now seem to be coming back strong..i.e. alice in chains, soundgarden. i saw a documentary on grunge on vh1 a few years ago..it was very well done. i hope to God another musical movement like this takes over cause todays metal/hard rock scene is getting too corporate. it doesn't have to be grunge/alternative but something that will take the world by storm...or maybe we have come full circle in rock...if thats the case hopefully metal will take over and beat the shit out of hip/hop, pop boy band crap.

kornbread2000

Back to top Go down

The rise and fall of Grunge Empty Re: The rise and fall of Grunge

Post  kejsarrinna Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 am

I have to agree.
The die hards back in the day were too angry at the 'death' of heavy metal to appreciate what Grunge brought with it. Besides....metal will never die Dio Eddie Rock
kejsarrinna
kejsarrinna
Oy Vey !

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzer Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:33 am

I was one of those die hards that hated grunge for what it did to metal , but each generation needs its music no matter how sucky it is...... Thumbs Down
Panzer
Panzer
GOD OF BEER

https://www.facebook.com/jameshenryburns

Back to top Go down

Post  Eilene1015 Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 am

I guess you are right jim about every generation has to have their own music...I hate htis rap crap but I guess my parents hated my music..

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

Back to top Go down

Post  ADMIN777 Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 am

I never really liked grunge as a whole. I liked a few songs here and there, but that was about it.
ADMIN777
ADMIN777
Admin

https://rocknrollinc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down